The 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor is reigning king of the off-road. This full-size truck comes loaded with everything you need to stray from the pavement. More than that, the Raptor is known for its high-speed desert racing capabilities.
What is the 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor?
The Raptor is the only F-150 trim model that’s specially designed to deliver high-speed desert cruising. It comes standard with features you won’t find on other F-150 models, including a high-output version of the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which ramps up speed with 450 horses. Other rugged features include standard all-terrain tires and an off-road-ready suspension.
These capable trucks are also luxurious in their own right. Every Raptor features a spacious, two-row SuperCrew cabin and the 5.5-foot short bed. And that crew cabin is loaded with upscale goodies, from leather-trimmed seats to smartphone-friendly tech features.
Which off-roading features come with the 2022 F-150 Raptor?
Built specifically as a desert racer, the iconic Raptor is ready for action straight off the factory line. Thanks to its high-output turbocharged engine and sport-tune FOX Racing Shox, this pickup truck can travel desert trails at high speeds. With its standard four-wheel drive, 35-inch all-terrain tires, and locking rear differential, the Raptor is ready for just about any other kind of terrain, too. The Raptor also comes standard with two specific Drive Modes you won’t find on other trims: Baja and Rock Crawl.
2022 Ford F-150 Ford Raptor performance features:
- 3.5L EcoBoost high-output V6 (450 horsepower, 510 lb-ft of torque)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel drive
- SelectShift automatic transmission with Progressive Range Select and Paddle Shifters
- Auto start-stop technology
- Selectable Drive Modes (Normal, Sport, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Off-Road, Baja, Rock Crawl)
- Trail Control with Trail 1-Pedal Drive
- Active value dual exhaust system
- Hill start assist
- Sport-tuned FOX Racing Shox with Live Valve Technology
- Electronic-locking rear differential
- Front independent suspension
- Five-link rear suspension with Panhard rod
- Hi-Lock transfer case
- Trailer sway control
- Optional front axle with TORSEN differential
- Optional integrated trailer brake controller
What other features come with the 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor?
In addition to delivering an all-out off-road experience, the F-150 Raptor comes standard with a very impressive list of style, comfort, and tech features. In the front row, driver and passenger enjoy leather-trimmed seats with heating and ventilation. Back seats are spacious and available with optional heaters.
Tech features include the new SYNC 4 infotainment system, complete with a 12-inch touchscreen interface and wireless smartphone connectivity. And the Raptor is also handsomely equipped with safety aids — like lane-keeping assist and collision mitigation — to guard against danger.
F-150 Raptor interior features:
- Leather-trimmed upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with thumb pads
- 12-inch digital productivity screen
- Power-adjustable pedals with memory
- SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition and 12-inch capacitive touchscreen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Ambient interior lighting
- Adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam Assist
- Pre-Collision Assist with automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping system
- Reverse sensing system
F-150 Raptor exterior features:
- 17-inch Ultra-Bright machined aluminum wheels with Dark Carbonized Gray-painted pockets
- 35-inch BF Goodrich all-terrain tires
- Power-locking tailgate with remote tailgate release
- LED box lighting with Zone Lighting
- Unique Raptor Style grille with FORD block letters
- LED reflector headlamps
- LED taillamps
- Recaro leather-and-suede-trimmed front sport seats
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- Interior Work Surface
- Wireless smartphone charging pad
- 18-speaker B&O sound system
- LED projector headlamps with Dynamic Bending
- Fog lamps
- Power tailgate
- Tailgate step with Tailgate Work Surface
- 2kW Pro Power Onboard station
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist
Optional Raptor 37 Performance package:
- 17-inch Gloss Black-painted forged-aluminum beadlock-capable wheels
- 37-inch BF Goodrich all-terrain tires
- Retuned shock absorbers
- Recaro front sport seats with exclusive upholstery
- Unique exterior graphics
- Unique interior trim
How much does the 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor cost?
The F-150’s rugged desert racer starts at $68,675. This price includes all of the Raptor’s standard features, from its high-output engine to its leather-trimmed seats. Should you decide to add any options — like, say, the Recaro front sport seats or the front axle with the TORSEN differential — the price goes up from there.