When you drive home in the 2022 Ford Explorer XLT trim model, you’re getting a solid collection of features at a great price. Not to mention the Explorer’s rugged powertrain and muscular towing capabilities! Let’s take a closer look at all the reasons you should consider this three-row midsize crossover SUV.
Why choose the 2022 Ford Explorer XLT?
In the Explorer trim model lineup, the XLT sits between the base and the stylish ST-Line. That means it gives you both a great price (starting at $38,055) and lots of modern features. It adds to the base lineup with extra creature comforts (heated front seats), utility features (roof rails), and available options (like the Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package).
How does the 2022 Ford Explorer XLT trim drive?
The Explorer XLT is smooth and powerful! The suspension is set up to smooth over any bumps in the road, creating a comfy everyday drive. And all-wheel drive is available to help you enjoy a little rugged off-road adventure. When you add the Trailer Tow package, the XLT can tow up to 5,300 pounds. And you can also add the optional Terrain Management System to your XLT, which fine-tunes suspension and steering settings to create an optimal performance in any environment.
The 2022 Ford XLT specs include:
- Turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder engine (300 horsepower, 310 lb-ft of torque)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Trailer sway control
- Optional all-wheel drive
- Optional Terrain Management System
- Optional Class IV Trailer Tow package
Is the 2022 Ford Explorer XLT comfortable?
Yes! Like other Explorer models, the XLT cabin treats you and your loved ones to lots of space and supportive seating. Compared to the base model, the XLT upgrades comfort levels with heated front seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. With standard second-row captain’s chairs, the XLT has space for up to six passengers. Second-row passengers also enjoy the added benefit of second-row USB ports.
The 2022 Explorer XLT comes standard with an impressive range of comfort and convenience features:
- Upgraded cabin trim
- Cloth seating
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Second-row captain’s chairs
- Second-row USB ports
- 8-inch central touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Six-speaker sound system
- Roof rails
- LED headlamps and tail lamps
- Power liftgate
Which safety features are included on the Explorer XLT?
As one of the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety’s Top Safety Picks for 2022, the Explorer gives you big-time peace of mind! (https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/explorer-4-door-suv/2022) And this sporty crossover also comes standard with a list of innovative safety aids.
The standard Ford Co-Pilot360 suite of safety aids includes:
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane-Keeping System (including Lane-Keeping Assist, Lane-Keeping Alert, and Driver Alert)
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Automatic high beams
- Rearview camera with washer
XLT shoppers can also add the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package as an option, which includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go and Lane Centering
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Post-Collision Braking