With its exclusive performance gear and handsomely equipped cabin, the 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline is up for any adventure. Check out our buying guide to get a better idea of everything this off-road-ready midsize crossover SUV has to offer.
What is the 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline?
Compared to other trim models, the new Explorer Timberline is the most adventurous. It comes standard with an impressive list of off-road-ready features, including an exclusive limited slip rear axle. The Timberline also comes standard with Ford’s trailer tow package, giving you the ability to tow up to 5,300 pounds. And this Explorer also comes standard with exclusive styling features, including stylish wheels and faux-leather upholstery.
Which performance features come with the 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline?
When you choose the Timberline, you’re likely after its rugged performance lineup. This Explorer comes standard with all-wheel drive and all-terrain tires, making it easy to drift away from the pavement and into the wilderness. Skid plates offer extra undercarriage protection, and a limited-slip rear axle helps you maintain traction on soft surfaces.
2022 Ford Timberline specs include:
- Turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder engine (300 horsepower, 310 lb-ft of torque)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Intelligent 4WD
- All-terrain tires
- 3.85 TORSEN limited-slip rear axle
- Skid plates
- Front tow hooks
- Trailer Tow Package
How comfortable is the Explorer Timberline?
Very! With second-row captain’s chairs, the Timberline offers spacious seating for up to six passengers. No matter where you settle down inside the cabin, you can expect generous head and legroom. And the Timberline also has quite a few interior features that set it apart from other models, such as faux-leather upholstery with Deep Tangerine accent stitching.
Like other Explorers, the Timberline is smartphone-friendly. Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto technology projects apps onto the 8-inch infotainment touchscreen, making it easy to access your music collection or contacts list.
2022 Ford Explorer Timberline features include:
- 18-inch high gloss Black-painted aluminum wheels with laser-matched Timberline logo
- Unique Dark Carbonized Gray Timberline grille
- ActiveX seating material with heathered cloth insert, Deep Tangerine accent stitching, Timberline logo
- Leather-wrapped and heated sport-style steering wheel with Deep Tangerine stitching and paddle shifters
- Heated front seats
- Second-row captain’s chairs
- SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay And Android Auto
- Six-speaker audio system
- Remote start
- Optional twin-panel moonroof
Is the 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline worth it?
The Timberline starts at $47,305, a price that includes all of its standard features, from its rugged off-road-ready gear to its interior comfort features. If you’re shopping for an Explorer that can travel further into the wild than its fellow trim models, the Timberline is definitely worth an upgrade.